Is Sunpower Maxeon panel price really high?
Confidently, i say NO! After checking my reasons, you may say NO too.
Normally, we need to use 72-cell panel to achieve 327W, the size will be 1956*992mm=1.94m², while, Sunpower panel size is 1558*1046mm=1.63m², that is 16% or so lower land cost.
Compared to 250w with same size as sunpower, it can generate 31% more power per panel.
2. Power Production during 25 years
High year one performance delivers 7-9% more energy per rated watt. This advantage increases over time, producing 20% more energy over the first 25 years to meet your needs.
3. Cost for transportation,installation and maintenance
These factors are easy to understand. For example, 20ft container can hold 250w*300pcs=75kw or 327W*300pcs=98.1kw, that is 30.8% lower transportation cost. Installation and maintenance cost is surely lower, but different for different project.
In conclusion, these 2 beneficial factors (high efficiency and lower linear degradation) enables Sunpower panel produce 60% more energy per square foot over 25 years.
Other beneficial factors：
1.Useful life Production
Useful life is 99 out of 100 panels operating at more than 70% of rated power.
2.Low cell crack rate
Cell crack is the key reason for substandard power output and short life span. Sunpower managed to avoid this by solid copper backing and unique connector, so the cell can be fundamentally different and immune to normal mechanical force and thermal stress.The beneficial influence for this factor is potential and immeasurable.
Now, pls let me know your question or answer.
- Sunpower Monocrystalline Solar Cell
- SunPower Maxeon mono cell solar panel 327W...
- Bifacial mono solar cell, 19.8% efficiency...
- 150kpcs stock Motech 19.8% Efficiency 3BB ...
- US solar industry could contract 60% if Su...
- What is monocrystalline solar panel ?
- Panic Solar Installation onging in China, ...
- 100kpcs stock- Sunrise 3BB mono solar cell...