New technologies and manufacturing techniques seen in SNIEC PV Expo 2017
Release：2017/04/25 Company News
Literally, it stands for Passivated Emitter and Rear Cell. You also find the term Passivated Emitter and Rear Contact. The objective of scientists being to get the most of electrons out of the solar cells, the PERC architecture essentially enables to improve light capture near the rear surface and to optimize electrons capture.
With the current state of the technology, it is possible to achieve up to 1% absolute gain in efficiency. While there are more steps in the manufacturing process, the gain in efficiency enables costs decrease, also at the system level.
1. More stable electron flow,which reduced the electron recombination and increase the power output;
2. Better low light performance,which increased the absorption of long wavelength.
Black silicon is a semiconductor material, a surface modification of silicon by Reactive Ion Etching with very low reflectivity and correspondingly high absorption of visible (and infrared) light. Black silicon is a needle-shaped surface structure where needles are made of single-crystal silicon and have a height above 10 µm and diameter less than 1 µm. Its main feature is an increased absorption of incident light—the high reflectivity of the silicon.
1.Low reflectivity and superior absorption of light ability;
2. Elegant appearance and high power output;
3. Low light performance.
electron micrograph of black silicon
Bi-facial solar cell
Bifacial solar module rear side can generate 10% ~ 30% of extra energy by the diffused light and reflected light, by which the balance of system can be reduced. The conventional solar module doesn’t generate extra energy with the module’s rear side.
12 Bus Bar Cell Module
1. Less current loss due to shorter current transmission distance;
2.Thinner bus bar maximize the sunlight receiving area;
3. 12 thinner bus bar design helps lessen the residual stress,which can guarantee lower invisible crack ratio.
Half Cell Module
1.Reduced series resistance leading to higher fill factor;
2.Smaller current resulting in less CTM(Cell To Module) loss;
3.Increased number of spacing between cells boosting current density;
4.Less shading effect;
5.Lower temperature coefficient;
6.Better mechanical loading performance.
Shingled Cell PV Module
1.No welding strip,reduce interior loss;
2.Enhanced module efficiency,high reliability and stability,<2% first year power degradation,0.55% yearly degradation;
3.Remarkably reduce the micro cracking and hot spot;
4.Better Performance in shade or low iorradiance;
5. 15% more power generation,10% less BOS and Installation cost.
IBC Cell Module
1.No bus bar on front surface resulting to increased area for receiving sunlight;
2. Cell to module assembly cost low as no need for welding on front;
3. Aesthetic outlook design.
N-Type Solar Cell Module
1.Low LID (low light degradation) less than 1% during first year;
2.Easy to make higher efficiency than P-Type;
3.less sensitive to impurities in the raw silicon, so it can rely on lower quality wafersto help lower the cost.
- Solar Energy became the cheapest energy in...
- 40MW Talesun 250-265 poly and 300-315w pol...
- 5000pcs Q-cell 335-340W poly solar panel i...
- Solar Panel will prop up Silver Demand
- It is time to consider dual glass solar panel
- US solar industry could contract 60% if Su...
- How to calculate Peak Sun-Hours of your area?
- What are Renewable Energy Certificates (RE...